The 2008 annual meeting was held in collaboration with the American School Health Association at the Hyatt Regency Downtown Tampa in Tampa Florida on Nov. 12-15, 2008.
Highlights from the meeting included a presentation from Amy Thompson and Dianne Kerr on Advocacy for Comprehensive Sexuality Education: Finding Common Ground. Joanne Chopak-Foss and Steve Goodwin presented The Challenges and Rewards of Teaching Adolescents about Health.
- Gamman of the Year – Weslee Chew
- Founders’ Award – Nancy Katherine Johnson (Reid)
- Chapter Excellence Ward – Gamma Rho
- Distinguished Service Award – Dr. Marianne Frauenknecht, Dr. Kathleen Conley
- W.E. Schaller Presidential Citation – Dr. Debra Sutton, Gina Goebel
- Honor Award – Dr. Kelli McCormack-Brown