Submit your reflection paper and receipt by October 31, 2020.
COVID-19 has led to virtual delivery of the 2020 Health Education Advocacy Summit. The Summit allows for participants to “engage in effective advocacy for a common agenda at national, state and local levels. Participants new to advocacy learn the basics to enhance their confidence. Seasoned advocacy veterans are exposed to advanced sessions” (SOPHE, 2019, para. 1). The theme this year is Climate Change. There will also be an official certification for Climate Change and Public Health Ambassador training as a pre-conference workshop, at no additional cost. This mini-grant will support all or most of the cost for one Eta Sigma Gamma student member to attend the virtual Summit at $110, with 20 scholarships total. After the Summit, scholars must submit a reflection to National ESG.
Eligibility: Student members who are eligible will meet all of the criteria below:
- Current (dues are up to date) National Eta Sigma Gamma student member
- Be enrolled full-time or part-time in classes during October 2020
- October 13-15, 2020
- Students should review scholarship information and decide if they are eligible.
- Student should write a letter indicating how attending the Summit will support their future role as advocates in Health Education/Promotion (1 to 1.5-page max).
Letter should include the following:
- Year of initiation and brief explanation of ESG chapter involvement.
- Why you want to attend the Summit.
- What are you most looking forward to learning at the summit?
- Provide a statement indicating that you will be enrolled as a full- or part-time student (at least one-credit) at the time of the Summit.
- Include your signature.
- Include your Chapter Sponsors’ signature.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP ARE CLOSED FOR 2020.
Submit your reflection paper for the 2020 Advocacy Summit here.