Chapters can submit documentation of chapter functions to receive this award.
In an effort to make the awards process easier, the Review Committee has developed a Chapter and Activity Awards Quick Guide 2014. This worksheet will help you identify which standards your chapter has met and therefore, which awards your chapter is eligible for.
Chapters can submit individual activities for this award in one or all of the following categories: advocacy, research, service, and teaching.
Any chapter with three activities (one in each area) is eligible. The service and education activities must meet three of the four Standards for Health Education and Health Promotion; one research project meeting both the Standards for Research; and adherence to six of the eight Standards for Chapter Management and Student Professional Development.
STANDARDS AND CRITERIA
View the following document:
Standards and Criteria for Judging Management and Professional Development
The activity must involve at least five Gammans from the chapter. Completion of the chapter Annual Reports and the documentation must be provide:
- a clear description of the activity conducted (include goals/objectives, time frame, target audience, and services provided)
- the amount and type of planning and preparation conducted prior to the activity (include previous history with the project)
- outcome/evaluation (number of people serviced, products produced, and where appropriate, any evaluation measures and research
- documented letters of appreciation and/or validation from the recipients of the activity or from the chapter advisor
- other forms of documentation, including pictures, advertising promotions, cover stories, etc.
It is important that you follow the chapter Annual Report form.
Please complete the Annual Report and Awards document with the corresponding Achievement Award page(s) completed and any other supporting documents, all as one pdf., by June 1st to ExecutiveDirector@etasigmagamma.org.