The annual ESG Conference in 2011 was hosted in Galt House Hotel Louisville, Kentucky on October 13-14, in association with the American School Health Association. The ESG board of directors met on Thursday to discuss the strategic planning activities. The ESG events on Friday included oral presentations on Research, teaching, and service projects by chapters that won the excellence and activity awards, ESG poster session, and afternoon oral sessions on health leadership, webinars on health education and improving community connection for youth.
We also honored Drs. Michael Kelly, Susan Telljohann, and Julie Merten as well as Julie Bolinger, Sally Moody, and Alicia Hanke for individual student awards for their accomplishments and services to our field. The W.E. Schaller Presidential Citation was awarded to Dr. Marianne Frauenknecht for her contributions to Eta Sigma Gamma. The ESG social event comprised of food, fun, and T-shirt exchange, and was well attended.
- Gamman of the Year – Sally Moody
- Founders’ Award – Julie Bolinger
- McGovern Award – Alicia Hanke
- Best Student Paper Award – Brittany Rosen
- Faculty Sponsor of the Year Award – Julie Merten
- Service Activity of the Year Award – Nu Chapter
- Teaching Activity of the Year Award – Nu Chapter
- Research Activity of the Year Award – Iota Chapter
- Chapter Excellence Award – Alpha Lambda (watch the Alpha Lambda appreciation video), Gamma Rho
- Distinguished Service Award – Michael Kelly
- Honor Award – Susan Telljohann, American Association of Health Education
- W.E. Shaller Presidential Citation – Marianne Frauenknecht