The annual ESG Conference in 2010 was hosted in Kansas City, MO on October 14-15 at the Hyatt Regency Crown Center, in association with the American School Health Association. The ESG board of directors met on Thursday to discuss the strategic planning activities. The Friday [15th] began with the morning late breaker morning oral sessions, followed by poster sessions and afternoon oral sessions. During the afternoon business meeting, several chapters were recognized for their education/service /research projects with awards. We also honored Drs. Price and Aduroja, and NCHEC, and Sara Mitchell, Megan Temme, and Brittany Rosen for individual student awards for their accomplishments and services to our field. The W.E. Schaller Presidential Citation was awarded to Dr. Susan Wooly and Ms. Becky Smith for their contributions to the field of Health Education. Of course, our social event with food, fun, and T-shirt exchange was very popular!
- Gamman of the Year – Megan Temme
- Founders’ Award – Sara Mitchell
- McGovern Award – Brittany Rosen
- Faculty Sponsor of the Year Award – Carol Cox
- Service Activity of the Year Award – Eta Chapter
- Chapter Excellence Award – Gamma Rho Chapter
- Distinguished Service Award – Amos Aduroja
- W.E. Schaller Presidential Citation – Susan Wooley, Rebecca Smith
- Honor Award – James Price, National Commission for Health Education Credentializing, Inc.