CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR SPECIAL ESG STUDENT MONOGRAPH ON COVID-19
Call for Submissions
Eta Sigma Gamma is seeking student-generated manuscripts to be considered for a special issue of the Health Education Monograph Series. The focus of this issue will be COVID-19 related research, projects, and commentaries associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Papers to be considered will include the following categories:
Research and Class Papers
Examples of research and class projects applicable for this special issue:
- Survey or observation analysis of COVID-19 mitigation practices and perspectives.
- Analysis of university policies in relation to their impact of controlling COVID-19 spread.
- Literature review of COVID-19 related topics and issues.
- Trend analysis of COVID-19 spread and vaccine rollout.
- Analysis of social media post engagement related to COVID-19.
Eta Sigma Gamma Chapter Projects
Examples of service, education, advocacy, research or comprehensive projects conducted by chapter members of Eta Sigma Gamma could include:
- Social media and health communication campaigns.
- Securing and distributing PPE to high-risk populations.
- Educating groups about COVID-19 mitigation efforts.
- Providing contact tracing services.
- Engaging in vaccination rollout.
- Advocating for campus policies on reducing COVID-19 spread.
- Educating off-campus students on how best to prevent COVID-19 spread.
- Developing and running a COVID-19 coalition.
- Raising funds to support populations impacted by COVID-19.
Examples of commentaries relevant for this issue could include student position papers, term papers, or other perspectives associated with COVID-19:
- History of COVID-19 and its impact on the world.
- COVID-19 and/or population at risk.
- Vulnerable populations and recommended efforts for protecting them from COVID-19.
This special issue on COVID-19 is designed to be student-author driven, meaning students will serve as the lead authors of the manuscript and the ESG chapter sponsor(s) can serve as the last author(s), if appropriate. All authors must be current Eta Sigma Gamma members and be associated with an active chapter.
Manuscripts are limited to 10 pages, excluding title pages, abstract page, and APA-style reference list. Manuscripts must be type-written on white 8.5” x 11” paper and double-spaced throughout, including abstract and reference list, using a 12-point Times New Roman. Format all page margins at 1.0”. Also, do not justify lines; instead, use the “align left” style and leave the right margin uneven, or ragged.
Prepare manuscripts using the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association(7th edition). Follow the APA style for the preparation of reference citation within the text and the reference list. The reference list at the end of the manuscript must provide complete and accurate information about each entry. Also, it must include the sources that specifically support the manuscript. Make sure reference citations within the text and each citation entry in the reference list agree. Follow APA style for typeface, use of uppercase and lowercase letters, headings, quotations, tables and table titles, figures, and figure citations. Number pages consecutively, beginning with the first title page as page one, followed by the second title page (page two), the abstract (page three), text, references, and visuals. Position page numbers at the top-right of each page.
Include two title pages with the manuscript:
- The first page must include a running head, a manuscript title, category (see above) of submission, full names of all authors, year in school of student authors, institutional affiliation, ESG chapter affiliation, complete mailing addresses and telephone numbers for all authors, and list the name and telephone number of the chapter sponsor. Email addresses for all authors should also be included.
- The second title page should only include the manuscript title.
A 120-word abstract must accompany each manuscript. Prepare abstracts using the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association(7th edition).
Your Eta Sigma Gamma chapter sponsor should review the manuscript for grammar, spelling, format and content, and complete the Chapter Sponsor Form. Include one copy of the completed Chapter Sponsor Form with your submitted manuscript. Submissions must be submitted no later than Friday, September 24, 2021, however, early submission is encouraged and welcomed, as acceptance for publication will occur on a rolling basis. Approximately 10-12 articles are anticipated for this issue. Submit manuscript and Chapter Sponsor Form to Dr. Robert Bensley at firstname.lastname@example.org.