Institutions interested in the formation of a new chapter must submit a formal application as detailed in Article V of the Eta Sigma Gamma Bylaws. The following requirements are keys to a successful petition:
- A program offering a major in Health Education or a clearly connected titled program. Note: Only majors and minors in health education are eligible for membership.
- A minimum of 15 petitioning student members, seven of whom have at least two semesters remaining.
- A completed proposal that includes:
- A brief history of the founding, development and age of the petitioning group
- Relevant demographic information about each petitioning member as outlined in the bylaws and application
- An overview of the Institution’s interaction with Honor Societies
- An overview of the College or University to which the petitioning group is attached, including: courses of study, degrees, faculty, building, property and equipment, age and history of the institution
- Letters of recommendation from the President and members of the faculty of the institution with reference to the record in scholarship and activities, general moral character and standing on the campus of the petitioning group
- Other relevant information as called for in the application
It is vital that a chapter sponsor and Department Chairperson make a serious commitment to supporting the activities and structure of the Honorary. This support comes in the form of providing training and support to officers as well as providing recognition to the honorary, its members and the chapter sponsor. Special attention should be given to helping the chapter formulate internal documents such as a constitution and bylaws, as well as formulating policies related to initiation, finances and submission of National ESG documents.
For application materials and information please contact the Executive Director at RkrphgvirQverpgbe%25RgnFvtznTnzznfirstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach the National Office at:2000 University Avenue, CL325
Muncie, IN 47306
800-715-2559 Toll Free
For additional questions about eligibility and formation of a chapter please contact either Dr. Beth McNeill or Dr. Kerry Whipple, Directors of Chapter Development at PuncgreQri%25RgnFvtznTnzznemail@example.com.