Each year undergraduate student members have the opportunity to present their qualifications to be awarded the Founders’ Award through an application process. Applications are reviewed by the Awards Committee, which selects a deserving recipient. This individual receives a cash award and an appropriate certificate at the Annual Meeting
The award amount is $750.00. The amount may increase or decrease depending on available funds.
- The recipient must be an active student member of Eta Sigma Gamma.
- Must be a currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at an institution of higher education.
- Must have at least one semester (quarter) of academic work remaining to complete his/her degree.
- The use of scholarship award funding is unrestricted.
- Must have an overall grade point average of at least 3.0/4.0 (B).
- The scholarship award will be made without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental handicap or age.
The applicant must complete the Application for Founders Award at the bottom of this page. Applications and supporting documents must be submitted on or before the deadline (October 15)
Along with their application, applicants must subnit the following documents:
- A cover letter indicating their interest in and qualifications for the Founders’ Award.
- A copy of their official transcript from all undergraduate institution in which they will receive their degree.
- A statement of no more than 500 words on their professional goals and how they hope to contribute to the field of health education.
- Three letters of recommendation supporting their application. One of the three letters must be written by an academic mentor in health education.
- Award recipients will be chosen by the Awards Committee
- The committee will ensure that the recipient meets all the criteria and will consider the following:
- Academic excellence.
- Involvement in health education activities, as demonstrated through participation in Eta Sigma Gamma and other opportunities for involvement in health education.
- Demonstrated potential to make a contribution to the field of health education.
Notice of recipient will be made via email to the winner and announced at the annual national meeting of Eta Sigma Gamma.